Our STD Clinics in Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton, and Bloomsburg offer Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) services to help individuals who want another way to protect themselves from HIV transmission.
PrEP is a once-a-day medication that can prevent HIV transmission if someone is exposed to it. PrEP is similar to the medication that people living with HIV take to control the virus and benefit their health.
Anyone who is considered high-risk for acquiring HIV should consider PrEP.
“High-Risk” can include, but is not limited to:
- Those who have unprotected sex with multiple partners
- Those who inject drugs or have substance use issues
- Those who are gay, bisexual, or men who have sex with other men who have sex with multiple partners
- Those who are transgender who are sexually active
- Those who are homeless who are sexually active
- Especially those who fall into more than one of these categories
For more information on PrEP, please click here.
To schedule an appointment or to ask any questions you may have, please call 570-829-2700. We accept private pay and most major insurances.
In addition to housing the clinic, these locations also offers free HIV case management services to individuals living with HIV or AIDS in Northeastern Pennsylvania. For more information, please call 570-829-2700.