We will keep this page of resources updated for our clients and community as we get the information throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
General Health Information Regarding COVID-19
- Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Information on COVID-19
Up-to-date information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak in Pennsylvania including statistics by county and ways to help “flatten the curve.”
- Interim Guidance for COVID-19 and Persons with HIV
Expert advice for those living with HIV and their caretakers regarding precautions to take, and when to seek medical attention.
- Pennsylvania Unemployment and Worker’s Comp (if COVID-19 was contracted at work)
Help for those whose work has been affected by COVID-19 and for which benefits they may be eligible.
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
List of programs that can support recovery efforts for rural residents, businesses and communities through technical, training, and management assistance; financial assistance; and state and local assistance.
- Gilead’s Advancing Access Program
Information for individuals on Gilead prescriptions and programs they offer to help those during the outbreak.
- Information about Sexual Health and COVID-19
PDF guide with basic information on COVID-19, how it’s spread, and how it relates to your sexual health.
- Penn State Extension COVID-19 Resource List
A list of resources for individuals and businesses including making sure children stay engaged in education at home, information on quickly-changing business practices, and information about Penn State Extension’s online courses and webinars.
Mental Health Resources
- The Trevor Project
The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Staying at Home Workbook
A workbook to help manage anxiety when staying home during the COVID-19 outbreak by Restoration Therapy Services
An online community for teens and young adults struggling with mental health conditions to share their stories.
- Free lunches for students in Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union counties
Locations, times, and availabilities of free lunch for student programs in Central PA counties.
- How to Access Emergency Food Assistance during COVID-19 Mitigation
Information about area food banks, how to access them, and additional information for students in need of meals.
- Berwick Area YMCA – Fresh Express
Due to Easter Holiday scheduling, they are offering April 6 and April 27 for Fresh Express, not the usual 2nd and 4th monthly days.
- Milford Area Restaurants offering Take-out/Pickup/Delivery
Full list also includes grocery stores, butchers, and pet foods.
- Vulnerable Customers Shopping hours at ALDI’s
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, ALDI stores will open at 8:30 a.m. and reserve the first hour of business for vulnerable shoppers. This includes senior citizens, expectant mothers and those with underlying health concerns.
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank Finder
Search for soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters, and social programs by area code within Central Pennsylvania.
- Sheetz Kidz Meal Bagz Program
Sheetz is offering free meals for children which includes a turkey sandwich, chips, and a drink. Search for a participating Sheetz near you. As of April 17, 2020, it has been expanded to all 600 locations and will last for 2 weeks, then be reevaluated.
- Weekly Food Distribution in Wayne County
The Honesdale Salvation Army Service Extension will continue to provided weekly food distribution in Waymart, PA. Please see flyer for dates/times and pre-registration information.
- Wayne County Emergency Food Relief Program Application
For any Wayne County resident who is unemployed, furloughed, or just short of food due to COVID-19.
- Wayne County Food Assistance Guide
A list of available food pantries and other drive-up food assistance available throughout Wayne County.
- Restaurants in Greater Hazleton Area
List of restaurants offering delivery, curb-side service, or pick-up in the greater Hazleton area.
- Emergency Food Bank in Shamokin
Central Susquehanna Opportunities’ Food Bank in Shamokin is offering call-ahead and curbside pick-up food services.
- PSU Extension Nutrition Links
Information on virtual classes related to nutrition and food shopping tips
- LCTA’s fare-free policy started March 30, 2020
LCTA will not be charging fare, asks passengers to use rear exits to mimilalize interactions with bus driver.
- COLTS’ fare-free policy began March 23, 2020
COLTS will not be charging fare.
- Information on Eviction Halts in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court announced that all non-essential functions would be halted at least until April 3, 2020. As a result no eviction, ejectment, or other displacement from a residence based on failure to make payment can be made.
- Notice for Service Electric Clients
Service Electric has also made a commitment to not terminate residential or small business services due to inability to pay their bill, waive late fees incurred by economic circumstances related to COVID-19, and open its Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone.